Re: [AMBER] Python: AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'property'

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 04:55:59 -0400

hi

as far as I know, AmberTools 15 does not support python3 yet (we will try
make all python packages compat with both 2 and 3 version in future). You
don't need to use "ln" stuff. I highly recommend to install anaconda
http://continuum.io/downloads, which bundles with many popular python
packages (numpy, scipy, pandas, ...) and it have really nice package
management, named "conda"

http://conda.pydata.org/docs/install/install.html

You don't need to be root to install, the default folder is
/home/your_user_name/anaconda

To create a python2 environment, just `conda create -n your_whatever_name
python=2 numpy scipy matplotlib pandas`
and then switch to python2 env by `source activate your_whatever_name`.

To change back to your normal env, just `source deactivate`.

Try to google about `conda` and I think you will really like it.

good luck

Hai