Re: [AMBER] force-momentum based SGLD algorithm

From: Wu, Xiongwu (NIH/NHLBI) [E] <"Wu,>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 15:14:51 +0000

Hi Barbara,

Sorry I missed your previous posting. For SGLDfp(isgld=2), the enhancement in sampling is limited to maintaining the ensemble distribution and may not be able to reach the input TEMPSG. It is safe to specify SGFT and let SGLDfp to reach a TEMPSGI (see output) while maintaining the ensemble distribution. The output TEMPSGI shows the searching ability in a temperature scale.
Please note that SGLDfp need additional input: treflf, for accurate ensemble distribution.
Alternatively, AMBER14 has option isgld=3 that provides SGLDg method to maintain canonical ensemble.
Maintaining canonical ensemble (isgld=2 or isgld=3) always reduce the enhancement in conformational sampling as compared with SGLD (isgld=1).
Please let me know if you have any further question.
Regards,
Xiongwu Wu