Re: [AMBER] site down?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 12:23:24 -0400

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> FYI - this is the root cause
>

> http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/latest-security-news/fbi-assists-rutgers-university-investigate-second-dos-attack-in-a-month/
>
> All the AMBER servers, with the exception of the website, are hosted out
> of SDSC. The website runs out of Rutgers. This is why the mailing list,
> archive etc etc are still working but the website is not.

​Actually, I think that's resolved now (that's why the AT 15 release was
delayed -- it was in the midst of an internet outage at Rutgers caused by a
DDoS attack).

But this time, the server where the website was hosted was moved as part of
some kind of reorganization...

*Hopefully* the DDoS attacks are done.

All the best,

BioMaPS,