Re: [AMBER] cpptraj checkoverlap

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 10:51:00 -0600

Due to an oversight on my part, 'around' has not been implemented in cpptraj.

However, if you just want to keep track of distances/contacts (rather
than looking for bad overlaps etc) you can either use the 'hbond'
command with '.Cl-' passed to the 'solventdonor' and 'solventacceptor'
keywords, or use the 'nativecontacts' command and give the first mask
as your protein and the second mask as your ions.

Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Aronica, Pietro
<pietro.aronica07.imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Yes, I have been looking at that command. My issue is that there is only one mask now. I need to look at a trajectory, and have the program flag how many times does a counterion come close to the protein, perhaps varying the cutoff distance. If I just use the flag .Cl-, it only calculates distances between ions; if I try to expand the mask, it calculates distances between ALL atoms, even the ones I don't want. How can I make it look at contacts between a first mask and a second one, or, more specifically, how do I replicate the around flag of the old checkoverlap?
> Pietro

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah