Re: [AMBER] amber tools 15 upgrade problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 11:59:16 -0400

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Michael Shokhen <michael.shokhen.biu.ac.il>
wrote:

> Hi Kenneth,
>
> I guess I have indeed to do the same - installation of amber tools 15 from
> scratch.

​Did you modify any of the source code within Amber itself? Perhaps
something I suggested for MMPBSA.py? (I can't remember if that was your
thread originally or not). If so, the upgrade won't work on your tree.

You could always unpack a fresh copy of AmberTools 14 if you have a copy on
your computer and --upgrade that (that way you could download a 25 MB
upgrade instead of the 220 MB full distribution).
 ​

> Did you completely delete from your computer amber tools 14
> before the installation of 15?

​No, this is not necessary. In fact, you should be able to simply unpack
AmberTools15.tar.bz2 on top of your existing amber14 directory if you have
Amber 14 installed (i.e., pmemd). If you don't have Amber 14 installed
(just AmberTools 14), you might as well either unpack AmberTools15.tar.bz2
into a separate directory or delete your existing amber14/ first.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher