Re: [AMBER] Query about microsecond long simulation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 14:19:07 -0400

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Jonathan Gough <jonathan.d.gough.gmail.com>
wrote:

> It is off topic. I "think" it was in reference to running a single 1
> microsecond trajectory vs. breaking it up into 10x100ns trajectories (each
> started with a new random seed but using the coordinates from the end of
> the previous trajectory). Sequential serial calculations.

​But there's nothing different about that compared to a single long
simulation -- how you break up the long simulation into chunks is a matter
of personal preference with no scientific implications that I'm aware of
(only practical implications involving efficient resource use, scheduling
requirements, and fault tolerance).

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University