[AMBER] MMPBSA problem with calcium

From: Francesco Gentile <fgentile.ualberta.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:15:36 -0600

Hello,
I am trying to do mmpbsa analysis on calcite surface. I used antechamber to
parametrize the surface and as it couldn't recognize the calcium ion I used
xleap to create the library for calcium and I could create the prmtop for
the surface. and in the prmtop the calcium was recognised.
these are the parameter I used for calcium:

residue name: Ca2
atom name: Ca1 (as default in xleap)
atom type : C0
charge : +2
element: Ca

but when I was using this prmtop for mmpbsa it couldn't recognize the
calcium and it was treating it as carbon alpha. so giving me the error "
bad number of bond to C".
I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion?
Best regards,

--
Francesco Gentile
PhD Student, Biophysics