Re: [AMBER] Query about microsecond long simulation

From: Ahmed Ezat <ezat.sci.cu.edu.eg>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:00:50 +0200

Thank you for your answer Dr. Jason.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Apr 29, 2015, at 9:53 AM, Ahmed Ezat <ezat.sci.cu.edu.eg> wrote:
> >
> > I am sorry but my question is out of this subject.
> >
> > 5ns windows means dividing the simulation in steps each 5ns or not.
>
> Yes.
>
> > What is meant by this " set ig=-1 here so that the random number seed
> > changes automatically on every step otherwise you will get unrealistic
> > correlations in your results.”?
>
> This has to do with the well-described “Langevin Synchronization” effect.
> See it described here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11415160 <
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11415160> and here:
> http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct800573m <
> http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct800573m>
>
> It is also described in the manual (see the descriptions for “ntt=3” and
> “ig”).
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>
> --
> Jason M. Swails
> BioMaPS,
> Rutgers University
> Postdoctoral Researcher

*Disclaimer:*
This E-mail represents the views of its author only and does not
necessarily reflect the opinions of Faculty of Science (*SCI
<http://www.science.cu.edu.eg>*). We do not assume responsibility for any
loss, damage (including direct, indirect, punitive, special, or
consequential loss or damage), which you may directly or indirectly suffer
from this email or its contents or through the ways of handling this email
which includes sending, receiving, replying, forwarding, deleting, saving
or changing and adjusting its content in any way.
If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to
anyone else (it may contain confidential or privileged information), please
erase all copies of it, including all attachments, and please let the
sender know it went to the wrong person. Thanks.