[AMBER] Any timeline for TI on GPU's?

From: Ucisik, Melek Nihan <ucisik.illinois.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 16:39:56 +0000

Hi,

I would like to know if there was a timeline for the implementation of TI support into pmemd.cuda. I see on Dr. Walker’s website that TI calculations accomplished on GPU’s were presented at least on three occasions so far (2014-05-21 2014 Workshop on Free Energy Methods in Drug Design, "Fast and Reliable Ligand Binding Free Energies - Thermodynamic Integration on GPUs", Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Boston, MA, Invited Speaker; 2014-04-04 International Conference of Computational Methods in Science and Engineering. "Fast and Reliable Ligand Binding Free Energies - Thermodynamic Integration on GPUs", Invited Speaker, Athens, Greece; Ross C. Walker - "Fast and Reliable Ligand Binding Free Energies - Thermodynamic Integration on GPUs", Gordon Research Conference on Computer Aided Drug Design, Mount Snow Resort, Vermont, USA, Jul 2013.), which makes me think that we are not that far from its implementation for the use of the entire community. It was also mentioned that an to AMBER GPU v14.0.1 was hoped to be released in a few months after its original release to address this. I would appreciate any info pertaining to where we are on this.

Thank you,

Nihan

——
Melek Nihan Ucisik, PhD
Department of Chemistry
E-mail: ucisik.illinois.edu<mailto:ucisik.illinois.edu>
Web: http://meleknihanucisik.weebly.com