[AMBER] Amber GPU Segmentation fault

From: AJ Venkatakrishnan <ajvenkat.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:29:31 -0700

Hi,

We have been running membrane protein simulation on GPUs. These simulations were set up by following the tutorial by Benjamin Madej and Ross Walker and adapting the input files therein: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial16/

We have had several simulations running successfully on GPUs by following the instructions in the above-mentioned link. Lately, however, for systems that ran perfectly previously, we are getting segmentation fault errors. The fault occurs right after minimization, before heating with a message like this:

The following have been reloaded with a version change:
  1) amber/14-intel => amber/14-cuda

srun: error: gpu-9-8: task 0: Segmentation fault

The problem seems to only impact pmemd.cuda.MPI processes, but both pmemd.cuda and pmemd.MPI work perfectly fine.

I would greatly appreciate any help on resolving the segmentation fault issues.

Thank you for your time.

Best,
AJ