Re: [AMBER] error in minimization

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 07:25:04 -0400

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015, Carlos Romero wrote:

> Thanks a lot for your help. I tried to use default ions, but when i tried
> to save prmtop and inpcrd file, I got a message that said:
>
> For atom: .R<CO 405>.A<CO 1> Could not find vdW (or other) parameters for
> type: Co2+

For calcium, I guess you should copy the parameters in parm99.dat into your
frcmod file, and load that. You could also do a literature search to see what
parameters other are using. Maybe someone with calcium experience on the list
can respond.

[Pengfei: why are there "lsm" parameters for +1, +3 and +4 ions, but not +2?]

...dac