Re: [AMBER] Force Field Parameters for Monoamino Acids at acidic and basic conditions?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 06:12:25 -0400

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 3:08 AM, Alain Chaumont <chaumont.unistra.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am currently looking for force field parameters (in particular atomic
> charges) for mono amino acids at acidic conditions (pH < 2) and basic
> conditions (pH > 12).
> Is there a way to add a -COOH to an amino acid instead of COO-? I have
> also been looking in the literature however I have found none. But maybe I
> am missing something here.
> Has someone an idea where I could find such parameters. Or is it best to
> develop my own?

​If you are talking about the side-chain protonation states (like for ASP
or GLU), then Gerald has told you how to do that.

If you mean that you want a C-terminal carboxylic acid instead of a
carboxylate, then these parameters do not exist in standard Amber
libraries. You can check the RED database (http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/)
to see if someone else has done that before. But you may wind up having to
derive your own charges (parameters you may be able to take from Amber).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher