[AMBER] How to use the mmpbsa.py to calcualte the free energy of a modified protein ?

From: windy <chxp_moon.163.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:29:59 +0800 (CST)

I saw a paper refering a method to calculate the free energy of a SER covalent-orlistat ligand , the substrate orlistat is bound to SER amino acid.

But I have used to think that mmpbsa.py is only applied to calculate the binding free energy when a ligand and the protein seperately ,no bond exits in the ligand and protein.

I donnot know how to calculate the system when a ligand bond to protein. The system exits widely when you'd like to study the enzyme catalyse mechanism.

SO may someone give my some suggestions? Thanks!

The paper is :

Fako, Valerie E., Jian-Ting Zhang, and Jing-Yuan Liu
2014
Mechanism of Orlistat Hydrolysis by the Thioesterase of Human Fatty Acid Synthase. ACS Catalysis 4(10): 3444¨C3453.