Re: [AMBER] Build long polymer from the monomer using Xleap

From: Karl Kirschner <k.n.kirschner.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:39:46 +0200

Hello again,

  I think this is something that you have to decide for yourself. I know
that there are capping residues for DNA and RNA included in Amber's library
files, so you might want to look into that. Ultimately, the goal of
creating any computational model is to mimic the real system, which you
want to do to the best of your abilities while weighing in several factors
(e.g. resources, time, availability of code). Thus, you should use capping
residues that are also seen experimentally. If you decide not to do that,
then rationally choose a capping residue that you believe will introduce
little error into your MD observables. The same goes for what parameters
you choose to use. At the end-of-the-day, you will want to provide
supporting evidence for what you choose, and clearly state how you made the
model so that it is transparent to the community.

  I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Karl