Re: [AMBER] New Force Field

From: Alessandro Contini <alessandro.contini.unimi.it>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 15:18:58 +0200

Hi Jason,
actually I'm trying to use ff14SBgrav to model protein folding at black
hole conditions. Do you think it might work?

Regards

Alessandro

Il 01/04/2015 14:58, Jiri Sponer ha scritto:
> And Higgs boson correction? EU parliament recently voted to ban
> force fields without such corrections starting April 31, 2018.
> On the other hand, we can get a big joint grant for it.
> I doubt NASA can compete.
> Jiri
>

> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, Jason Swails wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 08:36:25 -0400
>> From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [AMBER] New Force Field
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This is excellent new, thanks !
>>>
>>> I have a exobiology grant from NASA to fold proteins in mars' gravity
>>> field. Would ff14SBgrav work there ? I tried and got an error.
>>>

>> ​Yes, unfortunately the external gravitational field is hard-coded to
>> model
>> Earth's field. However, after we get quantum gravity figured out and
>> implemented, we will generalize the external treatment of gravity
>> with the
>> aim of probing molecular activity near the event horizon (of course
>> in such
>> extreme gravitational conditions, the strength of gravity may not be
>> constant even over microscopic distances).​
>>
>> All the best,
>> Jason
>>
>> --
>> Jason M. Swails
>> BioMaPS,
>> Rutgers University
>> Postdoctoral Researcher

Alessandro Contini, PhD
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche
Sezione di Chimica Generale e Organica "A. Marchesini"
Via Venezian, 21 20133 Milano
tel. +390250314480
e-mail alessandro.contini.unimi.it
skype alessandrocontini