Re: [AMBER] New Force Field

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 08:36:25 -0400

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu> wrote:

> This is excellent new, thanks !
>
> I have a exobiology grant from NASA to fold proteins in mars' gravity
> field. Would ff14SBgrav work there ? I tried and got an error.

​Yes, unfortunately the external gravitational field is hard-coded to model
Earth's field. However, after we get quantum gravity figured out and
implemented, we will generalize the external treatment of gravity with the
aim of probing molecular activity near the event horizon (of course in such
extreme gravitational conditions, the strength of gravity may not be
constant even over microscopic distances).​

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher