Re: [AMBER] Gromacs towards Amber conversion

From: Karl Kirschner <k.n.kirschner.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:12:51 +0200

Hello Simone,

  As Carlos said, it is difficult to use Gromacs parameter with the Amber's
Sander program. Gromacs contains a variety of different mathematical
equations that can be used to model the different terms within the
force-field equation (e.g. different torsion function, different nonbonded
functions). If the Gromacs parameters are used in the same force-field
equation as found in Amber, then the conversion can be done. However, if a
different force-field equation is employed, then the conversion is not as
straight forward. Because of this, and as far as I know, no one has yet
developed a Gromacs --> Amber force field conversion script/program. If you
do find one, make sure that the parameters can be used in the same
force-field equation.

Bests,
Karl
--