Re: [AMBER] Error: Unable to run flex; this is required for NAB and antechamber Please check your PATH, or install the program

From: vijay kumar narsapuram <nvijay1991.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:17:48 +0530

Hello sir,

I have successfully calculated DeltaG for my systems for namd generated
trajectories using CHAMBER in Parmed-Master and MMPBSA.py in Ambertools14.
For calculating overall free energy change, I need to remove vibrational
entropy part form the DeltaG calculated.

I tried calculating it from Nmode analysis available in ambertools.
SCRIPT: mmpbsa.in
&general
   endframe=50, keep_files=2,
/
&nmode
   nmstartframe=5, nmendframe=45,
   nminterval=5, nmode_igb=1, nmode_istrng=0.1,
/
COMMAND:
$AMBERHOME/bin/MMPBSA.py -O -i mmpbsa.in -sp 2itp_mmpbsa.prmtop -cp
2itp_implicit.prmtop -rp 2itp_implicit_only-protein.prmtop -lp
2itp_implicit_only-ligand.prmtop -y newdcd.dcd > output_entropy.log

ERROR:
File "/home/vj/amber14/bin/MMPBSA.py", line 94, in <module>
    app.loadcheck_prmtops()
  File "/home/vj/amber14/bin/MMPBSA_mods/main.py", line 596, in
loadcheck_prmtops
    raise MMPBSA_Error('CHAMBER prmtops cannot be used with NMODE')
MMPBSA_Error: CHAMBER prmtops cannot be used with NMODE
Exiting. All files have been retained.

Then I tried searching in amber archive were i got to see below link:

http://archive.ambermd.org/201408/0265.html

It has been mentioned that there is no *way to do NMODE for *

*a CHAMBER prmtop.since it was 8 months ago,i) Do we have any solution now
available to calculate nmode for CHAMBER prmtop..? ii) Is there any
alternative method to perform nmode analysis in ambertools..?*

*Thanks in advance*

*Regards*

*Vijay*