Re: [AMBER] Free energy calculation: Thermodynamic integration with use of restraints

From: <vladimir.palivec.marge.uochb.cas.cz>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:22:03 +0100

Hi,

 suggestion 1 doesn't work, however, suggestion 2. looks promising.

Here is the setup:
        timask1='not_restrained', scmask1='',
        timask2='restrained', scmask2=' ,

for lamda = 1
I got :
RESTRAINT = 0.5716
DV/DL = 0.5716

for lambda = 0.5
RESTRAINT = 0.5010
DV/DL = 1.0019
 so it it twice the restraint energy

or lambda = 0.0
RESTRAINT = 0.0000
DV/DL = 5.0038

with these three points, this results in dG_restrains_on = +1.9 kcal/mol,
which seems reasonable. However, I am still not sure, whether this is the
right way to do it.

Vlada