Re: [AMBER] Error message from FEW in Amber14 tutorial A24

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:24:57 -0400

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 3:05 PM, <hannes.loeffler.stfc.ac.uk> wrote:

> If I do a grep -r '>&' . I find 34 occurrences. About 15 are test cases
> in examples/ which use either '>&' or '>&!'.

​Yes, but fortunately I think those all occur in #!/bin/csh scripts, so
that's (I *think*) legal syntax in that case.
​​

> ​​
> The 20 or so in the code appear all to be in the form '> log 2 >& log'.
> I'm not sure what this actually means or why this works with
> ​​
> bash but I guess the intention here is to really use '2>&1'.

​Yes, I agree. I think this is something that bash borrows from csh --
this is the way I used to do "2>&1" in bash many years ago, since that's
what I saw in the easiest-to-find examples via Googling something or
other. I only stopped once I started using Ubuntu and had all my scripts
start failing on it :).

Nadine said she will get to it soon and fix it.

All the best,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher