Re: [AMBER] script to convert the Gromacs topology to Amber topology?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:39:36 -0400

On Tue, 2015-03-17 at 10:57 +0100, Josep Maria Campanera Alsina wrote:
> Dear Amber users,
> Has there been any progress in the conversion of Gromacs topology file to
> Amber counterpart?
>
> There is a post on 12 Dec 2014 saying that ParmEd (AmberTools) will be able
> to perform such conversion. I'm wondering when it is going to be available?

There is no fixed timeline for availability. You can follow ParmEd
development on Github (https://github.com/ParmEd/ParmEd), but
unfortunately the Gromacs support did not make it into the code base in
time for the next AmberTools release. There has been some progress on
that front, but nothing production-ready:
https://github.com/ParmEd/ParmEd/tree/gromacs_support

You can still obviously get access to the code when it becomes available
through the Github repository (and by "watching" the repo, you will be
sent emails when pull requests are made, which will notify you when
Gromacs support is finally added).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University