Re: [AMBER] [q4md-fft] Modify RNA's sugar and adding partial charges

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:15:03 +0100

Dear Jacob,

> In addition to that, I would like to mention that I have posted my question
> on amber mailing list. May be they can give me some alternative which I can
> do easily.

We have implemented the Amber approach developed by Cieplak et al. in PyRED...

> I am still strugling with my problem as I couldn't understand much from the
> tutorial you suggested me as I am very new to computational field. Hope I
> will get it soon:-)

To understand load an Amber force field in LEaP:

xleap -f leaprc.ff99SB (or whatever new version)
edit DC # to visualize the structure
edit DC3
edit DC5

> charge DC # to display the total charge
Total unperturbed charge: -1.000000
Total perturbed charge: -1.000000
> charge DC3
Total unperturbed charge: -0.692100
Total perturbed charge: -0.692100
> charge DC5
Total unperturbed charge: -0.307900
Total perturbed charge: -0.307900

-0.6921 + -0.3079 = -1.0000
charge (DC3 + DC5) = charge DC; idem for A, C, G, U

You can see that to construct an oligonucleotide you need for each
nucleoside three fragments: the 5'-terminal, the central and the
3'-terminal ones...

TTT = sequence { DC5 DC DC3 }
charge TTT

To construct these 3 fragments, you need to start from a nucleo_SIDE_
and dimethylphosphate:
See http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.540161106/abstract
  & http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2918240/

and force the charges of some groups of atoms to take some values to
be compatible with Amber values; i.e. use inter-molecular charge
constraints during the charge fitting step; then PyRED does the job,
generate the FF libs, the FF parameters as well as a LEaP script...

Create a nucleoside for your modified nucleoside & try:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#28

See
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/PyRED/All-frag-Nuc/listing-2mol.pdf
to try to not be lost by the files generated by PyRED ;-)

Run a PyRED job, then request for help if needed; see:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/faq.php#5
When describing the problem you encountered with R.E.D. Server
Development, please also provide the 'PXXXX' R.E.D. Server Development
job name in the body of your email so that we can more easily assist
you.

I hope this helps...

regards, Francois