[AMBER] 10-12 Potentials, HBOND

From: David Poole <thepoole.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 20:37:13 -0700

Hello everybody,

I've been working with a system where it would be exceedingly useful to put
a 10-12 potential between iron and any solvent oxygen to better simulate
water's behavior in the cavity. The parameters I am using for heme produce
excellent geometries and I'd like to leave them intact.

This leads me to ask you all:

1 - Do 10-12 potentials, via HBOND, still work in Amber14, and are they
supported in the CUDA implementation?
2 - The syntax from the frcmod file specification simply says atom types,
does this indicate that the 10-12 potential can be defined for any atom
type pairs?
3 - Does anyone know the function for this potential? I read that it had
coefficients of 5 and 6 on the 10th and 12th power terms respectively, but
I just wanted to confirm.
3 - Is there some major consideration that I am overlooking that will ruin
my results or otherwise break pmemd?

Thanks,
-David Poole