Re: [AMBER] Error: Unable to run flex; this is required for NAB and antechamber Please check your PATH, or install the program

From: vijay kumar narsapuram <nvijay1991.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:42:01 +0530

Hello sir,

I am working on free energy calculation for protein systems using
MMPBSA.py in ambertools.

While running MMPBSA.py for my systems I was struck with a doubt
regarding saltcon in mmpbsa.in(script).

My systems contain:CA+,MG+,I-,SOD+ ions .

I had gone through the ambertools mailing list.were I got few links
(mentioned below).
http://archive.ambermd.org/201104/0284.html
http://archive.ambermd.org/201101/0612.html

Also i have gone through the paper related to salt strength which is
referred in ambertools14.

ref:121

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?rep=rep1&type=pdf&doi=10.1.1.208.7194

which cleared some of my doubts like including explicit ions in an
MM/PBSA calculation.
bt I have few more which I like to know from you.

1) After going through amber manual I came across "kappa" keyword
   k=(0.10806I)1/2,where "I" is ionic strength which is in [M].
   is this keyword anyway helpful in calculating saltcon for my system.

2) In the paper they discussed about salt contribution in GB
theory,but I didn't get any of the formula related to saltconc
calculation.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vijay