Re: [AMBER] Problem with Creating Unit for Non-standard N-Cap Residue

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:20:06 +0100

Dear Tao,

Yes I know we have to update our dictionary of atom types related to
the CM vs CD atom types. We are correcting a series a limitation; On
our todo list: we modify the web server, the PBS script and implement
new features in PyRED almost every day...

R.E.D. Server Dev. is saturated these days: we have to open more nodes
also - uff...

In your case:
- Run a 1st PyRED job
- Check the atom types as you did
  1) if you like the generated atom types look for missing FF
parameters (frcmod.unknown file)
    and use the 'Re_Fit mode to provide these missing FF parameters
(frcmod.user file)
    i.e. http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4-demo1.pdf
       -> END: ready to validate the FF generated by PyRED.
  2) if you do not like the generated atom types

grep MOLECULE1-ATMTYPE
Data-R.E.D.Server/Data-Default-Proj/Project-out.config >>
./Project.config
-> and modify the listed atom types according to what you think

mv Mol_red1.pdb Mol_red1.pdb.origin (old atom order)
cp Data-R.E.D.Server/Data-Default-Proj/Mol_red1-out.ent ./Mol_red1.pdb
(to be sure to have a correct atom order; optimized geometry)

rerun the job as you did the 1st time, check the atom types as you did
again (should be ok this time) and look for missing FF parameters

  --

in your case I would start by defining the CA atom types for all the
sp2 carbon atoms in the two aromatic rings; and may be replace CD by

regards, Francois