Re: [AMBER] CUDA- Error pmemd Lipid Membrane

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:36:26 -0800

Hi Raquel,

I suspect you have some kind of atom clashes in your system and this is causing the GPU code to crash. You could try running this with the CPU version and see what happens - you could also try setting ntpr=1 and ntwx=1 (and maybe reduce nstlim to 500 or so) and then look closely at the output / visualize things and see if anything looks wrong. A typical example where this happens is when you get a lipid tail that is effectively threaded through a phenyl ring of the protein. Look for things like this since minimization will not fix this problem.

All the best
Ross