Re: [AMBER] Steered MD using the jar=1 option

From: Joseph Baker <bakerj.tcnj.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 18:13:44 -0500

Thanks all. Got sidetracked for a couple of days, but I've had a chance to
test this out now. What I've done is to find a water molecule in my system
that is about where I want to pull towards and then use a combination of
jar=1 for the pulling and ntr=1 to define restraints on that water to pin
it in place relative to the protein. I then used parmed to change the LJ
type (using the addLJType command) of that particular water molecule's
oxygen and hydrogens to new types with zero epsilon, and used the change
command in parmed to zero out the charges on those atoms. pmemd.cuda seems
to be able to run with this new output parm7 file and I am seeing my
protein be steered towards that dummy water molecule. Does this procedure
make sense?

--
Joseph Baker, PhD
Assistant Professor