Re: [AMBER] Closest residues to an atom in ptraj

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 08:17:01 -0500

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Alessandra Lacetera <
alessandra.lacetera.gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Daniel, more or less it was what I was searching for.
>
> The bad thing is that it finds also intramolecular distances and waters (I
> will use grep command to take what I need).
>
> It would be great to have the possibility to specify both masks.
>
> E.G. mask "(:5 <:3.0 :1-4)", where :1-4 is the protein and :5 the ligands

​You can almost certainly do this using the binary operators. What exactly
are you trying to select? All residues containing an atom within 3
angstroms of the ligand and protein? Do that with:

"(:1-5 < :3)"

All protein residues within 3 angstroms of the ligand? Do that with:

All protein atoms PLUS any other atoms within 3 angstroms of the ligand?
Do that with:

And so on. The mask syntax is incredibly flexible, but admittedly somewhat
opaque.

Hope this helps,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University