Re: [AMBER] Help in choosing right MD tool

From: anu chandra <anu80125.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:52:24 +0530

Dear Prof. Case,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. If I made it right, all you suggesting is,

1. To do blind docking in order to search for plausible ion binding sites
(ions are mono-atomic)

2. Then, to do MD with ions placed near to the sites, predicted by docking
program.

  I just have a quick query here. While carrying out extensive MD
simulations with protein in ionic solution ( box with ions+water), Do I
have to take care of the charge polarizability while carrying out the
simulation?

Does the MD itself ( without any prior information from docking studies)
can identify plausible ion binding site, probably from longer run?

Many thanks in advance

Anu