[AMBER] Help calculating RMSD between two proteins

From: Nicole Ippolito <ippolito.nicole89.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:09:29 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the RMSD between an Apo structure and a structure
with the substrate bound. Is there a way to do this through cpptraj?
Currently, I am attempting the following command.

parm parm0
parm parm1
trajin
/home/aubndi/Monoxygenase/Apo/Analysis/Cluster/Apo_mon_aMD_avg_0_1000ns.crd.gz
parmindex 0
trajin
/home/aubndi/Monoxygenase/FMP_OCS/Analysis/Cluster/FMP_OCS_mon_aMD_avg_0_1000ns.crd.gz
 parmindex 1
reference Apo_mon_aMD_avg_0_1000ns.crd.gz parmindex 0
rms first out FMP_OCS_mon_RMSD_aPO.out time 0.005 :1-363

It is telling me that the prmtop files do not match; however, they worked
fine when just doing the RMSD for the individual proteins. I am assuming it
is something I am doing with my commands. If you have any advice that
would be great.

Thank you,
Nicole Ippolito