Re: [AMBER] memory issue in mmpbsa_py_nabnmode

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 00:00:29 +0100

Dne Thu, 12 Feb 2015 23:44:14 +0100 Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
napsal/-a:

> There might be a misunderstanding here. MMPBSA.py only minimizes the
> snapshots before running normal mode analysis. The problem is if you
> run minimization in sander, then do the MM/GBSA or MM/PBSA part (not the
> normal mode part). For normal modes, it’s fine, but you can’t use the
> same trajectory for normal modes AND GBSA/PBSA.

Don't worry I would never use minimized frames for GBSA/PBSA part :)) From
the start I was discussing just normal mode part of the MM/PBSA analysis.

> If more are omitted, that’s bad, for sure. But the low-frequency modes
> (like mode 7) may still change >when the convergence criteria is
> tightened. It’s worth comparing if you’ve done both calculations.

Please see the attached output files from my test case drms 1e-6 vs drms
1e-2.

Also the low frequency (7,8,9 ..) are pretty similar for both cases.

But as I wrote I will try the same experiment for bigger systems.

   Best wishes,

      Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/