Re: [AMBER] Average Internal Coordinates in cpptraj

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 11:49:17 -0500

Are you looking to have water shown in your average structure? If yes,
averaging may not help since waters exchange locations so you need to
account for that. I would suggest cartesian average on the solute
(appropriately fit to remove translation and rotation) and using a density
contour for solvent. Both can be done in cpptraj. Watch out for internal
dynamics in the solute - it will affect the average, and also may make
interpretation of solvent density difficult. In that case, doing cluster
analysis is probably a better option, and using a cluster representative
rather than average structure. The more flexibility you have in the solute,
the more complex it is to try to show what you're looking for.