Re: [AMBER] Assignment of charges for Guanidine

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 08:23:20 -0500

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 3:16 AM, Ibrahim Said <saidibrahim569.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dears,
> I am sorry for confusion. x item should be a chlorine ion and when
> calculate the charges using antechamber I got the previous prepi file.
> Please, can I calculate the charges of guanidine and then add Cl ion in
> xleap.

​antechamber should only ever model single molecules, or fragments of a
single molecule. You should never provide structures in which all atoms
are not connected through a series of bonds to each other.

Also, ions are already parametrized, so you should not include a chloride
ion in an antechamber charge derivation. tleap can add ions (via the
addIons command) quite easily, so you should re-run antechamber on the
guanidine (being sure to specify the correct net charge based on the
protonation states of each of the amine groups), and use that library when
building a prmtop in tleap.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University