Re: [AMBER] Calculation of the number of internal waters during md simulation

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 10:05:28 +0100

Here some question about fitting and grid commands

(1)
# here I choose first frame of one the simulation as the reference
reference ./tr_all/7D4-androsta.mdcrd firstframe
rms reference :1-361.CA out rmsd.dat

The question: is it possible to chose some pdb structure of x-ray structure
consisted of protein only as the refence for all simulations? When I try to
do it in above command I obtained error:

  [reference ./protein.pdb]
Error: ./protein.pdb: No frames read. atom=4542 expected 46488.

(2)
# here I chose grid dimensions from the XYX of the box vectors proding mask
of the solvent
grid grid.dat 60 1 80 1 100 1 :WAT.O*

1- should I add something else to this conditions in case of my task?
2- How it would be better to compare several grid.dat output files produced
for several trajectories?

James