Re: [AMBER] Calculation of the number of internal waters during md simulation

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 09:06:29 -0700

The 'grid' command will allow you to calculate water occupancy (not
yet normalized, although this option is in the next cpptraj release)
which you can compare between different simulations. However, it's
probably best to rms-fit the solute (i.e. the protein, not the ligand)
to a common reference prior to 'grid' to remove rotation/translation
of the solute. In other words, you want to view water occupancy with
your protein as the frame of reference.

-Dan

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:24 AM, James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com> wrote:
> (+) How do you think will it be better to use grid command (in comparison
> to watershell) from the cpptraj to compare probability of the water
> distribution throughout the protein interior during several md runs? In
> general watershell gave me satisfied results but I'd like to obtain more
> statistical-relevant distribution avoiding with the choosing of proper
> cut-offs.
>
> James

>> Could you also provide me with the link where is possible to download
>> multhist tool? As I realize it might be some python script which I had not
>> find in my amber12. IS it possible to plot such multiple graph values
>> agains time prolongation using xmgrace?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> James

>>> Thanks Dan!
>>>
>>> I'm not sure only if I selected mask for the solvent properly but it
>>> produced good graph. Taking into account that :MOL is the ligand within the
>>> cavity and I'd like to estimate water influx exactly into the cavity during
>>> md simulation what reasonable lower and upper cutoffs might be?
>>>
>>> watershell :MOL W1.dat :WAT lower 3.0 upper 5.0
>>>
>>> PARM [protein.parm7]: Setting up 1 actions.
>>> 0: [watershell :MOL W1.dat :WAT lower 3.0 upper 5.0]
>>> Mask [:MOL] represents 46 atoms