Re: [AMBER] Create one larger averaged trajectory file !

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 06:35:03 -0500

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 5:36 AM, Hadeer ELHabashy <hadeer.elhabashi.gmail.com
> wrote:

> Dear Sir
> wish you are fine !
>
> How can I merge multiple pdb files or multiple coordinate files and average
> only one frame every 1 ns time interval of MDS into one larger file to
> create a trajectory file which can be loaded and animated easily by VMD .

​cpptraj can do this. You can "trajin" multiple files (of any type or
format, or you can mix-and-match). You can also read in particular frames
of a trajectory file. At the end, use a "trajout" command to print a
single trajectory with all of the frames you added in. You can write that
trajectory in any format (and VMD should be able to read all of those
formats).

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University