Re: [AMBER] Problem with Ambertools14

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:03:30 -0500

On Sun, Feb 01, 2015, Fugui wrote:

> But i got the error: Error: cannot run "$AMBERHOME/bin/resp", no such
> file or directory. I found that there is no resp file in that directory.

This means that something went wrong during the installation of AmberTools.

> PS: the ambertools14 was not installed after AMBER14
> installation. Because i found there is no antechamber in $AMBERHOME/bin,
> then i went to the directory : $AMBERHOME/ambertoos/src/antechamber, and
> use the command "make install" to install the antechamber.

This is not the correct way to do things. You need to go to $AMBERHOME,
(after having untarred *both* the Amber14 and AmberTools14 tar files), then
type "./configure <options>", followed by "make install". By going into
a subdirectory, you installed antechamber, but not all of the other programs
that it needs.

...good luck....dac