Re: [AMBER] AMBER 14 DPFP single energy calculations inconsistent

From: R.G. Mantell <rgm38.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:27:41 +0000

Hi Ross,

The EGB energies in my previous email are from my original input but
using your suggestion of 'imin=0, nstlim=1, ntpr=1' in min.in.

I have some structures which are slightly lower in RMS force here:
http://www-wales.ch.cam.ac.uk/rosie/lowrms/
They were generated using our CUDA L-BFGS minimiser interfaced with
AMBER 12 DPDP and I see the same problems when the structures are put
into pmemd.cuda. Unfortunately I can't get any structures which have a
very low RMS force as the inconsistent energies are confusing the line
search in the minimiser, but I've managed to get it a bit lower than the
original structure. Still waiting on the CPU minimisation...

I don't know whether it happens with PME simulations as we only have GB
interfaced with our code.

Thanks,

Rosie