Re: [AMBER] installation of AmberTools14

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:47:22 -0500

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015, Atila Petrosian wrote:

> When I type cpptraj in address (/home/linux/installation/amber/amber14),
> there is no problem. But when I type cpptraj in address other than
> AMBERHOME (for example /hime/linux/Desktop), command not found.

This is odd, since cpptraj resides in $AMBERHOME/bin.

It looks like you may have not followed the instructions at the end of the
configuration:

Environment resource files are provided to set the proper environment
variables to use AMBER and AmberTools.

If you use a Bourne shell (e.g., bash, sh, zsh, etc.), source the
$ambhome/amber.sh file in your shell. Consider adding the line
  test -f $ambhome/amber.sh && source $ambhome/amber.sh
to your startup file (e.g., ~/.bashrc)

If you use a C shell (e.g., csh, tcsh), source the
$ambhome/amber.csh file in your shell. Consider adding the line
  test -f $ambhome/amber.csh && source $ambhome/amber.csh
to your startup file (e.g., ~/.cshrc)

You can see where linux is looking for executable files by type "echo $PATH"
at the command line prompt. If you need help with basic Linux/Unix commands,
enter "Linux tutorial" at the Google prompt, and visit one of the sites
suggested there.

I'd also suggest working through tutorial B0, which covers issues like this
one.

...good luck....dac