Re: [AMBER] installation of AmberTools14

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 15:09:58 -0500

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015, Atila Petrosian wrote:

> After ./configure gnu, I encountered with following error:
>
> Checking for updates...
> Checking for available patches online. This may take a few seconds...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

This means that the update script failed to make contact with the web site
holding the updates. This sometimes happens when there is a glitch at our
end, so trying again may help. It sometimes means that your intenet
connection is failing, so trying a different computer might help. (Jason
might want to chime in here: I thought we had a better error message for
a web time-out, so something else may be wrong that I don't see.)

> Error: /bin/csh not found on your system! Install csh or tcsh and rerun
> configure.

You need to install the c-shell on your machine. Exactly how depends on the
version of Linux that you have. On Ubuntu/Debian, you type "sudo apt-get
install csh"; see http://ambermd.org/ubuntu.html for variants of this on some
other Linux distributions.

....dac