Re: [AMBER] chamber : psf to amber parmtop

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 16:25:48 -0500

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Himanshu Joshi <himanshuphy87.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I want to convert charmm psf file ( containing lipid in water) to amber
> topology file in order to perform some analysis using cpptraj for NAMD dcd
> trajectories
>
> I tried the following
>
> chamber -nocmap -psf test.psf -crd test.restart -p main.prmtop -inpcrd
> main.inpcrd -box 89.293785 92.541573 74.754044.
>
> where test.psf and test.restart are the psf and restart file for the
> system.
>
> But it gave me the following error
>
> *input conversion error, unit 20, file test.psf*
>

> Can anybody help me in this regard.

​You omitted the helpful part of the error message.

Also, unless you need to run a simulation using the CHARMM force field with
Amber, why not just use the PSF file with cpptraj? cpptraj can read PSF
files.

​HTH,
Jason​

BioMaPS,