Re: [AMBER] using multiple force fields in a simulation

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:00:06 -0400

you may need to load frcmod files to get the parameters merged properly -
let us know in more detail what you're trying to do and we can help more.

also, to add what Hannes said, some of the Amber force fields use a
different charge model (such as ff03), and I don't know of extensive tests
checking the compatibility when the charges are derived using different
methods. It may be ok, but I would be more comfortable combining sets that
are the same in that respect. Maybe others on the list know of papers that
reported quantitative testing of the compatibility.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 5:26 AM, Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk