Re: [AMBER] Implementing parameterized heme?

From: Yarrow Madrona <Acacia.Madrona.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:34:21 -0700

Hello,

I am also having some difficulty using these parameter files. After reading
some old posts I copied the older param*.dat file with the following to the
bottom of my frcmod file:

NO 1.8240 0.1700 OPLS

NP 1.8240 0.1700 OPLS

CX 1.9080 0.0860 Spellmeyer

This is my input:

-------------

source leaprc.ff14SB

hemeparam = ~/MD/DosS-GAFA/heme_uni.frcmod

loadAmberPrep ~MD/DosS-GAFA/heme_uni.in

DosS = loadpdb 2W3E_outH2.pdb

setBox DosS vdw

sovateOct DosS TIP3BOX 10.

addIons DosS Na+ 8

savepdb DosS DosS_orig.pdb

saveamberparm DosS DosS.top DosS.crd

---------

But I receive the following error at the very end for all atoms in the heme:

FATAL: Atom .R<HIE 16>.A<HD1 18> does not have a type.

FATAL: Atom .R<HEM 149>.A<CAA 1> does not have a type.

etc….

The parameters are not written. Somehow I need to enter the types for each
atom with charge I think. Any help would be appreciated.

-Yarrow