Re: [AMBER] Regarding Protein-ligand MD

From: Bikash Ranjan Sahoo <bikash.bioinformatics.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:17:02 +0900

Dear Dr. Robin,
      I am glad to have your prompt response. I am very new to Amber. This
approach I had made for solving the problem using Gromacs. I just have
sliced the ligand and attached residues, and generated the topology using
PRODRG. I fortunately got the bonded information, however failed to ran MD
due to numbering and other inconsistency. If here also I will do the same,
how can I grep the informations to the protein topology. The problem is
renumbering all atom numbers, arranging all residues according to original
protein numbers etc. I understand from the tutorial is that it will take
long time for calculation. Thank you very much for letting me know about
the computational inconsistency for ~200 AAs. Can you please suggest me how
to combine the parameters? I mean, after generating topology the bonded
informations will be i-1, i, i+1 (where "i" is ligand). Now when I will
combine this with protein, simply I have to silent i-1 and i+1 parameters.
But, the problem here is the program does not recognize current "i" atom
numbers. When I renumbered them using my scripts and modified the bonded
information by manually calculation, I found the error in atomic number
inconsistency. Even, I tried to generate the itp file for ligand only and
ligand with i-1 and i+1. Then I just provided the covalent informations
(bond, angle, dihedrals etc). Still I am unable to fix the problem. So
kindly suggest me if I will generate it using Param fit, how can I combine
the system with proper atomic declaration?

Thank you very much Dr. Robin.

Sincerely
Bikash