Re: [AMBER] Regarding Protein-ligand MD

From: Robin Betz <robin.robinbetz.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:02:48 -0700

Hi Bikash,

Creating parameters not present in conventional force fields is what
Paramfit was designed for.

However, part of the process involves doing QM calculations on many
conformations of your system, and 200 AA is much too large for this. I
would suggest taking a subset of your structure, for example just the
ligand and whatever amino acids it is bound to, and fitting parameters to
that smaller system.

Best,
Robin Betz