Re: [AMBER] Desmond trajectory use with AMBER

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:20:01 -0600

Hi,

Previously you said:

> I am aware that I can load the Desmond trajectory into VMD to convert it into .top and .crd
> files for use with AMBER, after converting the file to a DCD format.
> However, I am not sure how to use the DCD file with my script

I'm saying that since cpptraj can read a DCD file you shouldn't need
to change anything in your script once you have the DCD file. Just use
the DCD file where you previously used an Amber trajectory file. So
your procedure would be:

1. Desmond traj -> VMD -> DCD traj
2. DCD traj -> CPPTRAJ -> Analysis

The topology you use can be whatever format CPPTRAJ understands (Amber
Top, Charmm PSF, CIF, PDB, Mol2, etc).

-Dan