Re: [AMBER] Amber 14 compile error

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:10:12 -0400

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014, 汪盛 wrote:

> I want to compile amber 14 with intel(intel compile 2013) and gnu(gcc
> 4.1.2) on Redhat Linux 5.5 x86_64bit,but it reports errors:
> ./configure intel or ./configure gnu <===here all ok, no errors
>

> In addition, if I use -nofftw3 flag to configure, the compilation is ok.

What you report is expected for gnu 4.1.2 (that very old compiler is not
supported by fftw3, so you need to add the -nofftw3 flag).

It should work with the 2013 Intel compilers. Unpack the distribution into a
fresh directory, and just configure with intel (no gnu). You didn't report
what the error was for the Intel compilers, but it might be something leftover
from an earlier, unsuccessful attempt to compile with gnu.

[If you don't want to start a new directory, typing "make uninstall" will
probably do the trick; then re-run configure with the intel option.]

....dac