Re: [AMBER] GTX 780SC error "cudaMempcpy GpuBuffer :: Download failed unspecified launch failure"

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:23:27 -0700

Hi Dieter,

ScaledMD is a very new and only slightly tested (and I think still
undocumented method). It will take a lot of TLC in order to get it to
work. Chances are this is not an issue with the GPU code but with the
underlying ScaledMD theory, your simulation system and the appropriateness
of the settings you are using. You should probably test this out on the
CPU as well and see if it crashes - there you might get a better error
message.

If you are worried about your GPUs then I recommend burning them in
properly before use and testing the reproducibility. You can use the
following to do this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/708185/GPU_Validation_Test.tar.gz

All the best
Ross