Re: [AMBER] Force field ff99SB*-ILDN request

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:34:32 +0200

The ff99sb*-ildn appeared in the tests by D.E. Show and coworkers to perform the best in their folding simulations. That's where the desire of using this force field comes from (including mine). Unfortunately , this variant was never available in Amber (only in Gromacs). In my lab we went for the Buschweiler modifications instead of Best and Hummer thinking that they have the same phylosophy but serious tests are still missing and we dont know if they behave the same. The new ff12sb and ff14sb are still under scrutiny.

It is unfortunately not possible for each of us to test the different versions and if we want to use a force field that does best in reproducing secondary structure stability.

I think it would be very useful a blogging platform where new tests with new force fields can be placed, esspecialy if these force fields are distributed ... Without such a platform, we'd have to rely only on published data and we all know how slow publications are ... Of course, the dilema would be how to publish on such a blogging platform without jepartising publication of the new ff versions ... Maybe a closed platform which people can access only with a userid and password?

Best
Vlad