Re: [AMBER] Solvation and processing of lipid bilayers using tleap

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:07:51 +0200

Hi Callum,

This time I'm dealing with the preparation of big sets of membrane protein
simulation where I
1) copy lipids from some ref.pdb to each model.pdb
2) should add water to each system (using tleap for instance) and prepare
amber topology

(here all my models and ref have the same shape so I can use the shared
bi-layer with the same hole)
the problem is that some extra water is added to the X-Y plane during
solvation which I need to cut. I've tried to use some VMD script but it has
the problems between topologies which should also provided in that script
(below you can find it). If someone knows how to adapt it to amber it will
be perfect.

#vmd -e script.tcl
mol new amber_OR5AP2_MULTI.pdb
set all [atomselect top all]
$all set beta 0
set seltext "water and same residue as abs(z) < 25"
set sel [atomselect top $seltext]
$sel set beta 1
set badwater [atomselect top "water and beta > 0"]
set reslist [$badwater get resid]
foreach resid $reslist {
 delatom $resid
}
writepdb mol edited.pdb
#writeparm7 ! dont know how to specify this!
#write inpcrd ! dont know how to specify this!

All the best,

James